But if you are impatient and cannot wait till it officially gets into your iPhone 5, here is a step by step guide, involving a little jailbreak mod, to get T-Mobile’s shiny new LTE hotness on your iPhone 5, right now.
Here it is - how to enable LTE on your iPhone 5 model A1428 for T-Mobile.
Note: Please follow the procedure at your own risk - Silicon Buzzard is not responsible for anything going wrong for this shared content!!
1. Open Cydia
2. Tap “Manage” and then tap “Sources”
3. Tap “Edit” then tap “Add” and put the following URL into the text box: http://v.backspace.jp/repo
4. Once the URL is entered in tap “Add Source” and allow for it to download all of the repo’s info and packages.
5. After your iPhone has refreshed, tap the v.backspace.jp/repo field or go to the search bar and find the package CommCenter* patch…
6. Once you have found it, install it and then reboot your iPhone once completed.
7. After the iPhone has restarted, open Cydia once again.
8. Search for iFile. The free version includes basic features. You will want to purchase it to take advantage of all of the features.
9. Once you have found it, install it. No reboot is required, though you can do it just to be on the safe side.
10. Once iFile has been installed, close Cydia and click on this file from your iPhone and click “Open in iFile”
11. Once you’re in iFile tap “Unarchiver” and 3 files will show up above T-Mobile LTE.zip
12. At the top, tap “edit”and tap the dots with a check mark next to carrier.plist, carrier.pri, overrides_N41_N42.plist, and overrides_N41_N42.pri
13. Tap the clipboard icon at the bottom and tap “cut”
14. Now tap “done” at the top and tap the house icon at the bottom then tap Library, then tap Carrier Bundle.bundle (the one in blue), and then tap edit at the top again and tap the clipboard icon. Tap “paste” and it will auto inject the carrier files into the carrier folder overwriting the other files. (you may want to make a backup of these files in case anything goes wrong or we have a backup below.)
15. After the files have been placed, exit iFile and restart iPhone. After the iPhone restarts, allow it to acquire signal and display the T-Mobile logo then go to where you edit the APN settings (Settings –>General–>Cellular) click reset network settings. Once that is done, enable the LTE toggle and you’re good to go. The APN to connect to T-Mobile LTE is fast.t-mobile.com and the apn for Internet Tethering on T-Mobile is pcweb.tmobile.com
Here is a link to the original file in case you run into any issues. Download original files here. replace carrier.plist with the file you just downloaded. You also need to delete any overrides_N41_N42 files and the new carrier.pri included in the Release 2 bundle that were placed in the Unknown.bundle carrier bundle.
While following the procedure, you may encounter a rare issue when the apn settings tab disappears. A simple fix to this is to go into var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/overlay and delete any and all files in that folder and then restarting the phone 2 times. The first reboot you need to let it acquire signal. It will take awhile but will eventually acquire it. After the signal is found it will say T-Mobile 3G and then this will be where the 2nd reboot must be done. After the 2nd reboot it will acquire signal faster this time and display T-Mobile 4G. Once you see the 4G icon that’s when you know it has worked. But this is a rare occurrence but should be a disclaimer and this fix should be available to the people that install it.
However, if you run into any problems, leave a comment here and follow feedback to resolve the impending issue.
via LEI Mobile
We are also on Facebook